The New Forest Tourist Information & Visitor Guide
The New Forest National Park is a year round destination with many designated trails, bustling market towns, roaming animals and outstanding natural beauty. Enjoy woodland walks gardens, museums and historic houses. There are dozens of events throughout the year to help you get close to nature – from Dawn Chorus Walks to Deer Watches, the New Forest has something to offer old and young alike.
New Forest Highlights
- National Motor Museum, Beaulieu - a superb array of motor vehicles through the ages
- Beaulieu Abbey & Palace House- Cistercian Abbey and home to the Montague family
- Paultons Park - great theme park to suit all the family
- Wildlife - The forest is a living and working place where ponies and cattle freely graze the land and help to keep the patchwork of different habitats intact
- History and Culture - There can be few other places in England where the ancient landscape has remained so unchanged. In 1079 when William The Conqueror named the area his ‘new hunting forest’, little could he imagine that nearly 1000 years later his ‘Nova Foresta’ would still retain its mystery and romance.